Road closures for most of the roadways affected by the Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon, 5K and 2K runs will start at 7:45 am on Saturday, October 6th, and roads will remain closed until the last runners have passed by. Roadways in most locations such as Walnut Avenue and Tibbs Road will not be closed for the entire time period and will re-open when they are no longer being used for the races.
Officers from the Dalton Police Department will be directing traffic in affected areas, but motorists are urged to try to plan alternate routes and avoid the affected areas if possible.
The following roads will be affected by Saturday’s races:
- King Street – Closed
- Selvidge Street – Closed from the BB&T entrance to Crawford Street until approximately 1:00 PM
- Pentz Street – Closed from King Street to Crawford Street during event. Closed from Emery Street to Morris Street during the 2K race.
- Hamilton Street – Closed from Hawthorne Street to Franklin Street (until last runner of 5K passes, then closed at Emery Street on the south end)
- W. Franklin Street – Closed until the last 5K runner exits onto Thornton.
- S. Thornton Avenue – Outside southbound lane closed from Walnut Avenue to Waugh Street
- Waugh Street – Outside eastbound lane closed from Jones Street to Thornton Avenue
- Jones Street – Closed from Waugh Street to Crawford Street
- Crawford Street – Closed from Cappes Street to Valley Drive
- Ridge Street – Closed from Murray Hill to Crawford Street
- Lewell Street - Entrances to the east side of the cemetery at Cuyler Street and General Thomas Drive closed during the half marathon
- Emery Street – Closed at Tibbs Road and closed from Lewell Street to Thornton Avenue during the 5K and half marathon. Westbound lane closed from Hamilton Street to Pentz Street for 2K.
- Miller Street – Closed from Franklin Street to Emery Street
- Valley Drive – Closed from Franklin Street to Crawford Street
- Cuyler Street – Closed between Thornton Ave and Valley Drive
- W. Walnut Avenue – Outside westbound lane closed from Thornton Avenue to Tibbs Road
- Tibbs Road – Closed between Walnut Avenue and Shugart Road
- Maple Way/Ella Lane – Closed
- Wood Valley Drive / Wood Valley Court – Closed
- Shugart Road – Outside northbound lane closed
- Chattanooga Road – Outside eastbound lane closed from Shugart Road to Old Chattanooga Road
- Old Chattanooga Road – Closed until the last half marathon runner is clear
- N. Thornton Avenue – Partial southbound lane closed (6 feet from curb) from Old Chattanooga Rd to Trammel Street
- N. Thornton Avenue – Southbound lane closed between Trammel Street and Hawthorne Street
- Hamilton Street access lane beside the Waugh Street Bridge – Closed
- Morris Street – Closed from Thornton Avenue to Hamilton Street